Hi Team,

Many of us agreed on that Cypress could be a more capable tool for us to
write high-level UI tests, whether those be e2e, integration or automated
regression tests. If there is no open question left about cypress we could
to bring it a test drive. My suggestion is to implement the PCAP UI tests
with Cypress. Some services and PCAP semple data yet not available from our
CI environment so protractor is hardly applicable here. This would be a
great opportunity for cypress to shine. With Cypress, we are able to mock
out those responses and make it run in Travis.
Anytime we make PCAP data available in Travis we could be able to plug out
those mocks and run the same test as integration or e2e tests if we like.

Because it is relatively easy to migrate across cypress and protractor I
see no major risks here if we decide to stick with Protractor for some
reason.

What do you think?

Thanks for your feedback,
Tibor