However this gets done, I think it is going to be a common problem.  I
think we should definitely figure this out somehow.

To me this sounds like a "streaming join" problem, rather then just simply
wanting to sleep.  Storm has some minimal advise on doing a streaming join;
http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.0.1/Common-patterns.html.

This also relates to how we implemented threat intelligence enrichment.  We
currently load threat intelligence data in a batch manner and then enrich
the streaming data with the batch data.  If you can load one side in batch,
then the problem goes away.  Understand that you cannot always load
one-side in batch.

--
Nick Allen <n...@nickallen.org>