David, how much RAM do you have in the test system where you run full dev?

On 2/25/17, 8:46 AM, "David Lyle" <dlyle65...@gmail.com> wrote:

    +1 (binding)
    Checked signatures
    Tests passed
    Full dev ran sucessfully-ish (bit more below, tl;dr- it's ugly, but much
    better after METRON-671)
    Data flowed into the index/dashboard/hdfs

    On full-dev: Monit got into a state where it started killing topologies
    because the Storm cli was non-responsive due to memory pressure. That
    caused cascading failures. I let it be for about 20 minutes, and it seemed
    to calm down. I then killed pcap-service and Monit to make some headroom. I
    haven't seen this in my work with METRON-671 as only sensor probes and
    pcap-service are managed by Monit. Once the topologies are monitored by
    Ambari, we no longer use the Storm CLI for status so that frees up some
    additional memory.

    -D...

    On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 10:42 AM, David Lyle <dlyle65...@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I'm running it up now. I don't think it should affect the release, but
    > it's extremely important that full-dev work. It's how quick-dev is
created.
    > Any notion that it's been deprecated is incorrect.
    >
    > Fwiw, I've been working with it for the last few weeks as part of
    > METRON-671 and it's been (knocking loudly on wood) reliable.
    > I think we should leave full-dev in as the release verification step,
    > particularly in the case that a release changes the Hadoop versions.
    > There's a bit of a chicken-egg problem when we bump versions and quick dev
    > will lag.
    >
    > I'll update with run results shortly.
    >
    > -D...
    >

    > On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Otto Fowler <ottobackwa...@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I see this with full dev on my laptop pretty much every time.
    >> I think it is a resource issue.  I see not enough memory errors trying to
    >> start things.
    >>

    >> On February 25, 2017 at 09:15:15, Ryan Merriman (merrim...@gmail.com)
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> When I go to Ambari to ensure the services are all up, HDFS is down. I
    >> tried it 4 or 5 times and got the same result each time. I've seen others
    >> validate with quick dev so I assumed full dev was not used anymore. I'll
    >> spin it up this morning and get a more detailed error.
    >>
    >> Is anyone else able to validate it in full dev?
    >>
    >> > On Feb 25, 2017, at 7:21 AM, Casey Stella <ceste...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> >
    >> > What exactly are the errors that you saw, Ryan?

    >> https://cwiki.apache.org/
    >> >)
    >> like

UI