there is a certain tradition of solo efforts being developed offshore
and posted to people.apache.org then announced to apache lists. people
have to be careful with the naming and IMHO mike sailed just the right
side of the wind.

but now we have the http://labs.apache.org/ and that's the right place
for efforts such as this. in the labs releases are not ok but tagged
milestones are.

mike - any objections to moving Asynchronous File I/O library to the labs?

(you'll probably need to submit a software grant for the code you've
already created)

At this point, I can't say that I care where AIO has its home.  I just
want something that's stable and something that will foster community
involvement.  Apache Labs might be a good home for AIO.  If there
aren't any objections to moving this project out of my MINA sandbox
and into Apache Labs, I'll do that.  If we want to keep it as a
sub-project of MINA, I would like to formalize that.

-Mike