Mark wrote:
Just so we are straight on terminology, what I referred to as a MINA
component is what I think you all are calling sub-projects.  I will be sure
to get this right from now on.  These include:

mina-example
mina-filter-codec-netty
mina-filter-compression
mina-integration-jmx
mina-integration-spring

I would say that these are optional components of MINA since they are part of the MINA build and all share the same version. When we do a MINA release we vote on, build, and distribute all of these modules and not just mina-core. I don't think async-httpclient should be tied to this process.

I think a better home for async-httpclient would be to create something like https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/async-httpclient and put 'trunk', 'tags', and 'branches' in there. Then in trunk put a parent pom.xml that builds the 'client' and 'examples' modules. This would make async-httpclient totally independent of the MINA release cycle.

Do others see things differently?

-Mike