Stanczak Group wrote:
I've been doing a lot of research on this, and you're saying if for example I created an application in Java, probably delivered with Webstart, you would use SOAP and not MINA? Is MINA more for creating servers? Are there any examples of Mina being used of client applications over a WAN? For example could Mina be used to create a video conferencing application client and server?

It's not so much that MINA is more for creating servers. It's about not reinventing the wheel. If all you're doing is RMI, then using SOAP is going to be MUCH easier than building your own protocol. If you're doing something that can't easily be done with SOAP, then perhaps using MINA would serve you better.

Any MINA client can be used over a WAN (as long as the WAN supports IP, of course). And yes, MINA could be used to create a video conferencing application client and server.

-Mike