Hi

Recently I have been experimenting with mina core 2 and I have a few
questions regarding the behaviour of mina in some sample programs I made.

here is the client code. its simple, it simply rams as many messages as
possible into the server.

http://pastebin.com/m14ac361e

Now I made two servers. One mina based, which is simply the date/time echo
server as described in the documentation. The second one is a simple "one
thread per client" server. Here is the code http://pastebin.com/m3a5a14a7

Now the result from both the servers differ a lot. The second server works
in lock step with client and responds to messages without any delay. But
with mina server the response is very slow and after about 10 messages the
response is almost nill and after a few seconds I start getting out of
memory exceptions while creating more date objects.

Now I have the following questions (I very good spirit)

1. What is the reason behind this behaviour ?

2. I understand that second server will not be able to scale very much but
mina probably will, but does this mean that mina server will not be able to
handle high load from few clients but low load from many clients?

3. Is there a solution to this ? IMHO, first server example demonstrates
that such high load can be handled at server.

Thank you