Hi
I am using mina core 2 snap shot "mina-core-2.0.0-M1-20071219.081925-109".

Here is the code snippet of the time server

        IoAcceptor acceptor = new NioSocketAcceptor();

        acceptor.getFilterChain().addLast("codec", new ProtocolCodecFilter(
                new TextLineCodecFactory(Charset.forName("UTF-8"))));

        acceptor.setHandler(new TimeServerHandler());

        acceptor.setDefaultLocalAddress(new InetSocketAddress(5683));
        acceptor.bind();

complete code can be found at http://pastebin.com/f22ec4749

I have executed the same program on both windows and linux platforms and the
problem is the same. When my client connects to mina server, i can see a lot
of "message written..." lines in server's terminal window but hardly any
messages reach client. Here is the client code snippet.

        while(true) {
            writer.write("jmd\n");
            writer.flush();
        }

A sleep of 10 solves the problem. But this behaviour seems to contradict
this:

I'm not able to answer your Q 1 and 3 right now, but I can assure you
> that MINA can handle high load from many clients. We are using it into
> Apache Directory Server, and were able to simulate this with hundreds of
> clients and thousands of messages per second, for hours ( we did a test
> which lasted 72 hours, for hundreds of millions messages).

I hope i am configuring something wrong here. Please let me know.

Thanks
Ashish