Hrm, well, if that is the case, then there are two problems: 1) We're
connecting with multiple sessions just fine one one connector and 2)
The documentation does not specify this anywhere that I can see.

Since they're both IoServices, which appear to handle multiple
sessions each, that was my assumption, and it's been running fine that
way for many months....

In honesty, I don't think it makes sense to enforce one session per
IoConnector, since that implies separate processing threads handling
multiplexing for a single connection each (by default). You could all
use the same IoProcessor of course, but is that also necessary over
one connector? Is that really how it's supposed to be? The
NioSocketConnector (not that I ever use that directly) uses the same
interface as the Acceptor, allowing for multiple socket handles, etc.,
so there doesn't appear to be any real difference in usage.

The implication of both Connector and Acceptor using the same
IoService is that you can use them similarly. Only  difference is one
you accept incoming sessions and the other you connect new outgoing
sessions, and there's no indication of a limit or difference in
needing to create many Connectors vs. one Acceptor. As I read through
all the documentation, my assumption has always been that they worked
similarly, allowing many sessions per connector. That way, connection
can be pre-configured with filters, etc. just once, then reused as
needed to create new sessions. I found this to be one of the better
aspects of MINA was that ability to do connection configuration just
once if you wanted...

It it's only supposed to be one IoConnector per session, then the
documentation needs to be MUCH more clear. And the code should produce
errors when trying to do so, as our code is working perfectly fine
with multiple simultaneous session per connector.