On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 00:54, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org> wrote:
> Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

+1

+1

ugh. :-/

You mean, adding "@author The Apache Directory project"? ;-)

where can I get that from?
I have some specific code formatting at some specific lines (where
XMPP stanzas are built). I'd like to see what it does to them.

>>> Don't the folks over at labs do IP vetting?
>>>

>> I think they do, but I agree that it might we worth rechecking after
>> the project is moved to MINA.

+1, although Labs is not excluded from doing IP clearance.

> There is nothing such as IP vetting in labs, IFAIK. However, as labs are
> reserved for committers, I guess that those who have a labs already know
> about this IP issue.
>>
>> However, looking at the Labs site, I found this description of lab
>> project states:
>> http://labs.apache.org/faq.html#q7
>>
>> They seem to assume that projects go to the incubator after labs,
>> rather directly to a project like MINA. I do not subscribe to the labs
>> list, could someone who does confirm that we would be allowed to move
>> the code directly to MINA?

There have been different opinions on this. It has never been executed
before. So this is the first try.

If the code would have to go through Incubator (via an IP clearance
vote) this wouldn't be a big thing, too.

The Vysper code was developed alone by myself as a personal endeavour
(Labs was not existing back then), and when the Lab was established,
it was simply svn imported. All patches up to now where made by ASF
committers, except for today's commit, contributed through a JIRA, by
an GSoC applicant, committed by me.

  Bernd