On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 July 2013 23:21, Jeff MAURY <jeffma...@jeffmaury.com> wrote:
> > Build also except if the benchmarks profile is activated: build fails
> > because it seems the benchmarks pom is still on 3.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT
>
> Both of these files still refer to the SNAPSHOT release:
>
> benchmarks/pom.xml
> benchmarks2/pom.xml

benchmarks/pom.xml was the one I was refering. benchmarks2/pom.xml cannot
be updated by the release plugin because it is not referenced by the parent
POM.

> Looks like the release plugin did not work properly, or the poms are
> not configured correctly.
>
> > For the next release, we should put the JDK 7 requirement in the parent
> POM
> > as a requirement : I think Maven will be more explicit
>
> Yes, the Java compiler requirements should be defined using the properties:
>
> maven.compiler.source
> maven.compiler.target
> project.build.sourceEncoding
>
> Can also use
> maven.compiler.debug
> maven.compiler.optimize
> maven.compiler.showDeprecation

I was thinking of Maven prequisites (
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Prerequisites) but it only supports Maven
versions.
So we could rather use the enforcer plugin (
http://maven.apache.org/enforcer/enforcer-rules/requireJavaVersion.html)

Jeff

--
Jeff MAURY