> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to ask your opinion about what we should do with the FtpServer
> project.
>
> There is little activity around it, and in the last 3 years, I was the
> only one committig patches and code to the source base.
>
> OTOH, I know this project is being used, as  we have bug reports
> periodically.
>
> At this point, I'd like to know what you think we should o about it :
>
> o move it to attic

I think the attic does not bring much to the community.  It should already
be pretty obvious that it's not actively developped.
The attic is imho interesting for a whole project, because the PMC is not
capable of overseeing the project anymore.
For a subproject, it does not bring anything

> o keep going and trying to find new committers

Definitely, if people are interested in contributing, we should invite them
as committers with a very low entry-bar.

> o having some existing committers more actively taking care of the code
> base
>
> Ideally speaking, the third solution is the best, the second is ok too,
> but requires some people to step in.
>
> I don't have any time to investigate bug reports that are related to the
> FTP functionality (I pretty much know nothing about FTP), but I can
> spend time applying patches, fixing obvious bugs, or cutting releases.

Same here...

> So, what's your opinion ?

I'm not actively tracking JIRA issues.  I wonder if there would be a better
way of applying patches.
Maybe github PR could be automatically validated (i.e. run a full build on
CI) and could be made more visible somehow ?
That way, if we know they build passes, a quick check could be sufficient
to merge the PR.

--
Guillaume Nodet