I still don't get it.

Your IoHandler will be called everytime an event occurs (message received, message written, session created/closed/idling, exception). You have the opportunity to execute some action at this moment.

Beside that, I don't see a use case. I'm probably missing something... Unless what you want to do is to have another session to be called while processing an event, using the thread you are in ?