Hi Meghna,

thank you for driving the licensing issues!

- R-package: In the linked wiki, you're mentioning that R-package is not a
part of the release. Could you please elaborate? From my understand, all
files in the GitHub repository are part of the release.
- Dockerfiles: I just checked another Apache-project [1] and it seems like
they are successfully applying the license to dockerfiles. Do you see any
issues in doing so?
- perl-package: Same as R-package
- docs/*: Just my personal opinion, but I agree that it might not be a good
idea to have the license inside every file as some of them are directly
getting sent out. But we have some shell-scripts inside this directory, so
they'll need proper licensing.
- CODEOWNERS: This is a setting file got our GitHub repository and not part
of the release or the software itself. Thus I'd say that there's no need
for a license - especially considering that the content itself has no value.
- appveyor.yml: I'd treat this like the Jenkinsfile and apply a license.
- tests/ci_build/pylintrc: I'd add a license
- example/image-classification/predict-cpp/image-classification-predict.cc:
It seems like Mu has had issues with the licensing of this file in the
past. Maybe consult him
- gradle-wrapper: I don't have a link, but I'm very sure that there was a
discussion regarding this jar-file during the last release.

Anybody, please feel free to correct me if I made a wrong assumption.

Best regards,
Marco

[1]: https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/master/docker/Dockerfile