The last paragraph of the LICENSE looks suspect. I doubt we've taken code
from the BSD project. I would suggest deleting that last paragraph.

With MIT and BSD licenses you do have to be careful that the text of each
is the same. Each term is often used for a family of related licenses.

Additionally each of MIT and BSD typically has a Copyright
statement accompanying it. If the rules say to remove that from LICENSE,
then we should be adding it to the NOTICE.

Hen