Yeah, I think we are at the point at which we have to disable tests..

If a test fails in nightly, the commit would not be reverted since it's
hard to pin a failure to a specific PR. We will have reporting for failures
on nightly (they have proven to be stable, so we can enable it right from
the beginning). I'm also currently working on a system that tracks all test
failures, so this will also cover nightly tests. This will give us
actionable data which allows us to define acceptance criteria for a
release. E.g. if the test success rate is below X%, a release can not be
made. This could be set to 100% for nightly, for example.

It would definitely be good if we could determine which tests are required
to run and which ones are unnecessary. I don't really like the flag in the
comment (and also it's hard to integrate). A good idea would be some
analytics on the changed file content. If we have this data, we could
easily enable and disable different jobs. Since this behaviour is entirely
defined in GitHub, I'd like to invite everybody to submit a PR.

-Marco