On the 'Becoming+a+Committer' guidelines, I dislike this phrase:

"When it comes to code contributions, quality is more important than
quantity"

There is only one 'quality' measurement, and that is "was the code merged".
If someone makes 10 different contributions and they were all horrible and
never merged (or the merger had to write a ton of fixes/tests/additions)
then yes, that's a pretty bad sign.

If the code was merged; I don't care if it's stunning code or an inspired
design. It was merged. This isn't a technical promotion process, this is
about whether the individual has shown the commitment to be extended the
trust to manage commits.

So; -1 to quality being more important than quantity. It's not.

Hen