On 16.06.2018 10:57, Pedro Larroy wrote:
Hi Sebastian.

Thank you for your comment. That's why I said "I would propose", because I
don't know if it's possible as my experience with Apache is limited to the
MXNet project.

How do you interpret this part?: "Since the appointed Project Management
Committees have the power to create their own self-governing rules, there
is no single vision on how PMCs should run a project and the communities
they host."

A podling can decide on many things, e.g.,

 * what the bar for committership should be
 * whether to automatically make committers PMC members
 * rules for commits (e.g., whether you need an ok from a second committer)

However, a podling cannot change the fundamental rules of how Apache works (a podling can however decide to leave the incubator and run the project under their own umbrella according to their own rules).

-s