I just released an early access of Facelets which works with MyFaces, JSF RI 1.1 and 1.2. Also included in the release are a couple demo applications that you can deploy with the MyFaces dependencies. Facelets acts as an alternative JSF templating technology that can be used independent of JSP. This means you can use JSF and create UIComponents without worrying about JSF taglibs. Its syntax is similar to JSPX crossed with Tapestry.

Home Page:
https://facelets.dev.java.net

Facelets Early Access 0.5:
https://facelets.dev.java.net/files/documents/3448/16918/facelets-0.5ea.zip

I'm hoping that people will download it and give it a try. I'm looking for any feedback and ideas on steering the features that Facelets will include before its 1.0 release.

All the Best,
Jacob Hookom (JSF EG/Glassfish)