comments below...

Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

Jacob,

thanks. but some more...

JSF RI 1.2 still works
without JSP 2.1, but only with an alternative ViewHandler that isn't
dependent on JSP 2.1 (ex Facelets or possibly Clay).  For example,
Facelets just uses the EL-API and EL-RI from Glassfish and now the JSF
1.2 'spec' can be used in older web containers.

ok. do you know if the tomcat folks are working on jsp 2.1 container?
I'm not completely sure, since the JSP 2.1 development was done on tomcat/jasper compiler, I can't imagine any hold up in getting a JSP 2.1 branch available on apache.org.

and do you can a date, when jsf 1.2 will be final ?
Because of JavaOne and some last minute feature requests, the web tier EG FRs were pushed to the end of July/August.

-- Jacob

-Matthias

-- Jacob

Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

Jacob,

just a question

glassfish is sun's app server, isn't it?
so its "new EL-API" dependency is *new* EL for JSF1.2 and JSP 2.1 ?

if so ... does glassfish currently contain a jsp 2.1 web container?

-Matthias