As far as i know we wanted to update only one component per request
with our actual approach.

I think we should separate the need of updating the model (like
anywhere) and having an ajax response to show something special
(visualisation etc.) on the client.

cheers,

Gerald

On 4/29/06, Mario Ivankovits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi!
> If we rely on our "affectedAjaxComponent" approach (seeking comp and
> calling methods on it) we are little bit restricted in coding.
If this mean that we can update only one component per request, then I
would like to see to at least extends this approach.

Beside the fact that a component would like to update its own
data/layout/etc I would like to be able to update other components too.

Say if you have a button "calculate" this should update the model and
then update the output of n other components.
Something like zones in ajaxanywhere (partial page rendering).

Or is this wish out of scope of the current discussion?

Ciao,
Mario

--
Gerald Müllan