Hi!
> as you may know seam also has its own phase listener and bean
> managment facility.
Having a phase listener does not necessarily mean we break the JSF
lifecycle or something else.

> can seam users also continue using myfaces?
definitely: Yes!
MyFaces JSF "Impl" will always try to be the base for any JSF conforming
app, also like MyFaces Tomahawk will always try to work with any JSF impl.
The ConversationTag at all and the Spring integration in particular is a
MyFaces sandbox component/technology and we will see where it will end,
but even in MyFaces-sandbox it is an optional behavior. If there is any
influence with seam we are happy to know and fix it.

> (seam has its own conversation mechanism,
> http://docs.jboss.com/seam/1.1GA/reference/en/html/conversations.html)
Yes, and using Spring Conversation is just another possibility. The
question is: Is seam already is the only truth?

> will nested conversations also be allowed?
We support "parallel" (instead of "nested") conversations.
We will see whats easier to handle.

IMHO: Having a declarative ONLY pageflow configuration allows nested
conversations. If you have a loosely coupled page conversation you'll
most likely have parallel conversations - maybe with an more aggressive
timeout.
If you treat a parallel conversation as nested or not is up to the
programmer (as long as you do not have an external dialog/conversation
configuration)

Ciao,
Mario