how can I see the result of this work?

On 2/27/07, Werner Punz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sorry to jump in here again,
I have been playing guinea pig the last
week for marios work.
All I can say is this thing now is highly usable
by now.
You can put a view controller under conversation scope
(not a shale one yet, you will lose the callbacks)
and simply work on the stuff now like you would do in a rich client
environment with an EntityManage, Hibernate Session open for the entire
conversation.

once you hit a point when you want to terminate, you can have the view
controller/conversation invalidate itself or restart itself.

Also binding component bindings onto such a conversation is taken care
of, you can push them into a separate bean which you weave in by
a scope of request and aop:scoped-proxy, then you basically get a fresh
view onto your backend component bindings at every request.

To sum it up, I just almost finished a first full master detail crud
( I have done several details forms before)
The master form has about 30 lines of core code, excluding the setters
and getters already dealting with dao calling, handling the query part
etc... and adding a detail was a matter of one hour of figuring out
which patterns work best and a few minutes of implementation
handling new update and delete.
The objects you work with always are the same the orm layer accesses,
so a simple update ends up normally with

entitymanager.flush();

And btw. bindings for hibernate and jpa already are in place...

All I can say is a lot of thanks to mario for this, this is a killer...
I think he has found the right mix of exposing the api and
trying to automate. Seam while being excellent and Gavin was entirely
correct with his approach of keeping the entitymanager open for a
conversation, automates and hides way too much for my taste.
One example is that it takes away the control how you connect
the master and the detail, and in the end breaks the Tomahawk table
that way.

--
Arash Rajaeeyan