Hi!

    After checking against ri and spec; I think we do it in the right
    way.

    The component type in htmlcolumntag is javax.faces.column and the
    component-type in standard-config for htmlcolumn is
    javax.faces.HtmlColumn.

I think the componentType in HtmlColumnTag should be javax.faces.HtmlColumn.
This is what the standard-faces-config.xml reflects too.
With javax.faces.HtmlColumn you get a javax.faces.component.html.HtmlColumn, and with javax.faces.Column you get a javax.faces.component.Column.

If the spec thinks a component type of javax.faces.Column should create a HtmlColumn it is wrong, no?

I need to have this fixed to being able to proceed with another myfaces-1.2 fix - and with my project ...

Ciao,
Mario