Hi!
AFAIK this tag-class is the only tag that the RI folks don't generate.
I don't like to fuck the plugin as well; so we could have this tag as
real code as well;

regarding the std-faces-cfg I agree that HtmlColumn should
reflect it's type.

With wrong, you talk about the UIColumn (since 1.2) itself ?
I think that mapping the javax.faces.Column to HtmlColumn in the HtmlColumnTag is wrong. If it is required by the spec, then the spec is wrong, no? Though, I don't know what's the idea behind all this .... I just don't think that any other component behaves that way.

Ciao,
Mario