Hi Martin,
> I think I understood it now - you
> have a header per row for the details in this row, and also allow each
> main-row to have a header now?

I am not sure if this describes it exactly - it is not about having headers.
Or lets say, one header for three nested tables.

Have a look at [1].
This demonstrates the table I have in mind. I've enabled the border for
a better visual representation of what I mean.

First of all, the whole table has a header (the first row) - This is
also the "first" table.
This first table points to a list with two entries (the two red rows).
Each entry of this list also points to another list (the three yellow rows).
Each entry of the yellow list also points to another list (the details)

So we have three tables, the inner two with embedded="true" to have the
columns nicely aligned.

Ciao,
Mario

[1] http://www2.ops.co.at/~im/table.html