I wasn't too clear so let me explain, I have 3 top-level projects. Each of the core projects (of which there are 2) have 3 modules with the third module (the examples module) containing two more. In EACH core project I have one site.xml file. The graphic in all of the modules of each core project reference the graphic correctly because they know where they are located relative to the root project.

So if Tobago had 1 core project with 40 modules, your root project could refer to your local graphic and the pages for all your modules would reference this graphic correctly. If you had multiple root projects, like the bridge does, you would need a new site.xml for each one anyway.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Scott

Scott O'Bryan wrote:
Bernd,

That isn't entirely true. The bridge has 3 modules (right now) which contribute to the site. The sub-modules just reference the graphic from the main site. In my case I'm even piecing the pieces together amongst a separate "site" project and core projects (the core references the site project's graphics). In the case of modules under one root, the graphic simply needs to be in your root project. If it is, I believe all the other url's will refer to it correctly because it will know how to construct the relative urls.

Scott
Bernd Bohmann wrote:
Hello Scott,

the tobago project has 30 modules. If the tobago logo isn't included in
the myfaces-site-skin the tobago logo must be included in 30 resource
dirs of the site or I have to create 30 site.xml files to reference the
logo.

The portlet bridge has 3 site modules now. For every new module you must
create a new site.xml to reference the logo.

I don't like to maintain to many files with the same content.
But we waste some space on myfaces.apache.org.

Regards

Bernd

Scott O'Bryan schrieb:
Well that was kind of my point.  Why should the bridge logo be in the
skin?  If it is in the skin then every project gets a copy when it's
deployed.  IMO the myfaces logo should be in the skin and the project
logos should be with the project.  That said, I'll certainly abide by
what everyone else thinks is best because I too can appreciate consistency.

Scott

Bernd Bohmann wrote:d
Hello Scott,

I just checked in the logo from the bridge site project to the
myfaces-site-skin. The myfaces-site-skin contains already the tobago
logo. The tobago logo has the path images/tobagoLogo.png, the bridge
logo has the path images/portlet_bridge_logo.png und the myfaces logo
has the path images/myfaces-logo.png in the myfaces-site-skin.

I think if other subprojects or the master myfaces site are using a logo from a subproject, it should be used from the site-skin. I don't like to
duplicate the graphics in the repository.

Regards

Bernd

Scott O'Bryan schrieb:
Hey Bernd,

Where did you get the logo from? I skinned the portlet bridge graphic
yesterday and I had to modify some of the white-space to make it look
right. Right now the bridge is using it's own logo, but I can certainly
pull that from skin if you want me to.

One reason we may NOT want to pull these from the skin is that
although the
MyFaces logo will be needed by the sub-project, the other graphics
won't.
Yet putting these in the skin will make them available to all
projects on
their builds.

Scott

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:19 AM, Bernd Bohmann
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Hello,

just added the logo of the portlet bridge to the myfaces-site-skin.
Is a
trinidad logo available?

And I would suggest following header

Apache|MyFaces|Core|Trinidad|Tobago|Tomahawk|Orchestra|Portlet Bridge
(no Sandbox every project has a sandbox no JSF 1.1-1.2)

or

Apache|MyFaces|Download|Mailing Lists
(News archive makes no sense in the header)

for the subprojects for example Tobago

Apache|MyFaces|Tobago|Download|Mailing Lists

I would suggest following banner

on the main page

MyFaces Logo        | Apache Logo

for the subprojects

Subproject Logo or Name  | MyFaces Logo

We should include the conference banner on every page.
I would like to place the banner on the left site of the Apache/MyFaces
Logo.

Regards

Bernd

Bruno Aranda schrieb: