Before I vote, I am curious to know if there has been an audit of the
functionality compared to the maven-faces-plugin tool.

I am wondering about that I can think of right now:
1. component, facet and property meta data extensions that live in
faces-config.xml
2. importing of code from shared meta data resources (shared
definition of onMouseOver property for example)
3. Ability to use a custom JSP tag if needed
4. Ability to specify a custom TagHandler to use
5. Ability to generate events and event listeners
6. Ability to add event type properties to components (addXListener,
getXListeners, etc.)
7. Support for validators and converters to be registered without
manual faces-config.xml settings
8. Ability to have a base taglib.xml that the generator adds to
9. Ability to have a base TLD that the generator adds to

People keep dogging the maven-faces-plugin and I personally don't see
that the arguments are that compelling. Once I got over the learning
curve I find it very easy to use and very extensible. I still am not
sure why the wheel must be reinvented, but I am willing to try to keep
an open mind.

-Andrew