Andrew Robinson said the following On 5/15/2008 12:08 PM PT:
Taking one use case and putting it at the framework level will not
address all possible use cases. The desire to have something always
rendered does not have to be limited to messages. Furthermore, this
assumes that messages are always shown using the Trinidad framework,
which is a bad assumption. For example, the Tomahawk message component
is much better for customizability than the Trinidad one.
Are you saying that Adam's proposal does completely solve the issue raised in

but you have further goals mentioned in Trinidad-663 and Trinidad-664 or not mentioned in any Jira that you would also like to address. However, even if Adam's proposal doesn't address all of your issues, it sounds like we would want to use it to solve Trinidad-697 because it can solve this case without any page hacking on the part of the page author.

-- Blake Sullivan

Adding a new components gives users the flexibility to choose the way
they want to implement it and be able to work with non-Trinidad
libraries. IMO this is a much better solution than a small enhancement
for Trinidad messaging and JavaScript.

-Andrew

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Blake Sullivan