Volker Weber schrieb:
Hi,

Leonardo has just deleted the EnumConverter from the jsf1.1 branch of commons.
This converter was the reason for me to use a snapshot version in our
production application.

Is it really necessary  to have the commons jsf1.1 branch java 1.4 compatible?
I know jsf1.1 is, but commons is an extension, so why should we
restrict commons?

We may provide a retroweaved (if this is possible with this Converter)
release for 1.4 users, as we do for tobago.
I think we really *should* have commons-1.1 compatible with java1.4.

Setting up retroweaver, etc. is a pain in the butt. So if *you* (Volker) can provide a clean and simple patch to get this working, fine. But otherwise I'm happy with removing EnumConverter from commons1.1.

You can always build the EnumConverter yourself, however you wish.

Regards,
Simon