Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:19 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Volker Weber schrieb:
Hi,

Leonardo has just deleted the EnumConverter from the jsf1.1 branch of
commons.
This converter was the reason for me to use a snapshot version in our
production application.

Is it really necessary  to have the commons jsf1.1 branch java 1.4
compatible?
I know jsf1.1 is, but commons is an extension, so why should we
restrict commons?

We may provide a retroweaved (if this is possible with this Converter)
release for 1.4 users, as we do for tobago.

I think we really *should* have commons-1.1 compatible with java1.4.

I think that this is not necessary. Trinidad 1.0.x (which is the JSF
1.1 version)
supports only Java5.

Setting up retroweaver, etc. is a pain in the butt. So if *you* (Volker) can
provide a clean and simple patch to get this working, fine. But otherwise
I'm happy with removing EnumConverter from commons1.1.

just because of JSF 1.1 uses outdated Java version?
I may have spoken too soon.

For myfaces core 1.1.x I think we should definitely stay with "-source 1.4 -target 1.4" options. There won't be a whole lot of people running it on java1.4, but we currently support it so should stay with it.

I guess that commons-1.1.x *could* be run by different rules. It is new, so we won't break any existing users if java15 is set as the minimum.

Pros for java15 as minimum in commons-1.1:
* can have EnumConverter
* internal code can be cleaner
* ???

Cons:
* some users stuck on JSF1.1 + java14 might not be able to use the new lib.
* ???

Anyone else got pros/cons? I can't think of anything particularly convincing either way..

Regards,
Simon