On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 12:48 PM, simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just noticed that quite a few component classes are checked in to
> the JSF 1.2 trunk, but carry big "generated code, do not modify"
> warnings.
>
> And they look completely different from the versions in the JSF1.1
> branch.
>
> Examples:
>  UICommand.java
>  UIData.java
>  UIGraphic.java
>  UIInput
>  UINamingContainer
>
> I'm a little confused here. Can someone (Leonardo?) explain what is
> happening here?

This comments should be removed, since this classes are not generated.

> At a guess, it looks to me like the difference between JSF1.1 and JSF1.2
> code is that in jsf1.2 things are set up to auto-generate the
> saveState/restoreState methods for these components, while in JSF1.1
> branch it is not (hand-coded implementations are still used).
>
> But:
>
> * I would not expect any auto-generated classes to be checked in.
> * I would expect a private base class, or template class to exist which
> the generated class is derived from. But I can see no such thing (eg no
> _UIData class).
>
> The classes listed above just look horrible; something really does need
> to be done about this.

Some classes that extends from UIComponent has its own custom code, so in my
opinion it is better to let is without generation pattern (in this case
template pattern is the only way but it is not too much flexible as
myfaces-faces-plugin). It is more clear for developers.