On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 1:55 PM, simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:36 +0200, Leonardo Uribe wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 12:48 PM, simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >         Hi,
> >
> >         I've just noticed that quite a few component classes are
> >         checked in to
> >         the JSF 1.2 trunk, but carry big "generated code, do not
> >         modify"
> >         warnings.
> >
> >         And they look completely different from the versions in the
> >         JSF1.1
> >         branch.
> >
> >         Examples:
> >          UICommand.java
> >          UIData.java
> >          UIGraphic.java
> >          UIInput
> >          UINamingContainer
> >
> >         I'm a little confused here. Can someone (Leonardo?) explain
> >         what is
> >         happening here?
> >
> > This comments should be removed, since this classes are not generated.
>
> But the weird thing is that they *look* generated. The code is just all
> over the place, variables declared in the middle of the file, odd line
> wrapping.
>
> And all the documentation that was on the UIData class is completely
> gone.
>
> I don't know what is going on here, but it feels wrong.

When myfaces core 1.2 started, all classes were generated using
myfaces-faces-plugin template approach, so the old code was just replaces.
That is the reason because myfaces 1.1 component classes looks different
from its 1.2 counterparts.

Then, myfaces-builder-plugin was applied, so some generated classes using
myfaces-faces-plugin were just moved to src/main/java. I have removed the
wrong warnings, since this core classes should not be generated (makes
easier to users to check if something is wrong).