Leonardo Uribe schrieb:

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 1:55 PM, simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:36 +0200, Leonardo Uribe wrote:

    > On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 12:48 PM, simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
    >         Hi,
    >
    >         I've just noticed that quite a few component classes are
    >         checked in to
    >         the JSF 1.2 trunk, but carry big "generated code, do not
    >         modify"
    >         warnings.
    >
    >         And they look completely different from the versions in the
    >         JSF1.1
    >         branch.
    >
    >         Examples:
    >          UICommand.java
    >          UIData.java
    >          UIGraphic.java
    >          UIInput
    >          UINamingContainer
    >
    >         I'm a little confused here. Can someone (Leonardo?) explain
    >         what is
    >         happening here?
    >
    > This comments should be removed, since this classes are not
    generated.

    But the weird thing is that they *look* generated. The code is
    just all
    over the place, variables declared in the middle of the file, odd line
    wrapping.

    And all the documentation that was on the UIData class is completely
    gone.

    I don't know what is going on here, but it feels wrong.

When myfaces core 1.2 started, all classes were generated using myfaces-faces-plugin template approach, so the old code was just replaces. That is the reason because myfaces 1.1 component classes looks different from its 1.2 counterparts.

Then, myfaces-builder-plugin was applied, so some generated classes using myfaces-faces-plugin were just moved to src/main/java. I have removed the wrong warnings, since this core classes should not be generated (makes easier to users to check if something is wrong).

Ok, thanks for explaining that.

I'm not really satisfied with just removing the "generated code" comments though. This (formerly generated) code is really ugly. And it lacks all the comments of the versions from the 1.1 branch. So I think the right thing to do is to replace these files with the versions from the 1.1 branch...

I'll try to find some time to look into this, but have guests visiting at the moment so it won't be in the next few days.

BTW, I know you're planning to get some releases out soon (after the maven-builder-plugin release). I would like to see myfaces-core-1.1.x released then tomahawk. Is that what you are planning?

Regards,
Simon