I would say -1. Seems pointless to use another version control client
that is not 100% compatible with SVN when the SVN command-line and UI
clients works fine. What next, a mercurial read-only repository too?
We have chosen to use subversion with MyFaces at Apache, I don't see
any reason to support other clients just to appease some peoples
technology fix. But this is just my opinion.

Note that there are tools out there to do this type of support from
the client, not the server. For example,
http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/WorkingWithSubversion details
how to use Mercurial as an SVN client and even be able to commit to
SVN! In my opinion, if someone wants to use git, then they should find
a similar tool for git and not burden the folks at Apache.

-Andrew

FYI:
http://www.russellbeattie.com/blog/distributed-revision-control-systems-git-vs-mercurial-vs-svn
http://texagon.blogspot.com/2008/02/use-mercurial-you-git.html