Leo,

I've been looking in some test failures that we're seeing with the 2.0.1 snapshot builds, and I think I've found one that we really need to resolve for 2.0.1. I'm about to open a JIRA issue but wanted to give you a heads up on this thread.

With the new javascript, we now wrapper jsf.ajax.request with a function call. So for example this:

<h:commandButton id="incrementButton" value="Increment"
onclick="jsf.ajax.request(this, event, { execute: this.id, render: 'counter' }); return false;"
                       actionListener="#{counter.increment}" />

would be rendered as this:
<input id="incrementButton" name="incrementButton" type="submit" value="Increment" onclick="var cf = function(){jsf.ajax.request(this, event, { execute: this.id, render: 'counter' }); return false;};var oamSF = function(){};return (cf()==false)? false : oamSF();" />

The problem is that by doing this we've broken the reference to this.id as it is undefined at the function's scope. This works fine in both the 2.0.0 release as well as Mojarra so it will regress anyone who might be using this.

Regards,
Mike