Hi,

Sorry, I just read the mail. Thanks for fixing it!

IMO the PseudoFacesContext should do the same as the StartupFacesContextImpl
on MyFaces core, but I am not that familiar with Trinidad, so I actually
don't know what's best in this situation. However we should consider that in
JSF 2.0 there has to be a FacesContext available at every time (request and
server-startup and -shutdown) and thus the JSF impls and also comp-libs or
extensions might use it at some places where it was not possible in JSF 1.2.
TRINIDAD-1902 was caused exactly by this scenario.

However this is something for the next release.

+1 on this one (including Andrew's fix).

Regards,
Jakob

2010/9/7 Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>

> Ah, ok I see. Thanks for pointing it out!
>
> Jakob, can you take over on your fix for Trinidad-1902 ?
>
> -Matthias
>
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Andrew Robinson
> <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > -0.5
> >
> > It appears that the fix for TRINIDAD-1902 has some drawbacks that
> > cause some severe errors. The PseudoFacesContext.getViewRoot() throws
> > an unsupported operation exception when called. It should probably
> > just return null instead as that is what is expected when the view has
> > not be created/restored yet.
> >
> > I would say that this should be fixed before a release.
> >
> > -Andrew
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I was running the needed tasks to get the first beta release of the
> Apache
> >> MyFaces Trinidad 2.x CORE out. The artifacts are deployed to my private
> >> Apache account ([1]).
> >>
> >> Please take a look at the "2.0.0-beta1" artifacts and vote.
> >> Main diff between the other alphas is that ajax support has been added.
> >>
> >> ------------------------------------------------
> >> [ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
> >> [ ] +0
> >> [ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released,
> >>  and why..............
> >> ------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Matthias