What I understand is add that entry to myfaces master pom allow to use
snapshot versions temporally for maven plugins, but does not force to use
it. Some days ago I did a svn checkout of a myfaces project and I notice
that
myfaces-builder-plugin was not downloaded from internet, but that one
was added on hudson, so I had to recompile the plugin locally.