On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 7:03 PM, David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think a plugin snapshot repo is not in the asf master pom because using
> snapshot plugins is not something the maven devs want to encourage.

Agreed - said that later on, too

>  Why does myfaces need a snapshot plugin?

core (the jsf impl) does not need it. A subproject's trunk (trinidad)
is having dependency against some (specialized) maven plugins
(trinidad-maven).
These plugins are deployed to the nexus repo, hence we have that in
our (trinidad) pom.xml

First it sound a good idea.
No, it's not - There is no need for having that setting in myfaces/asf pom.

> I'd recommend putting the plugin repo entry near the use of the plugin so it
>can be removed easily when the plugin is released.  I'd include a comment on
>why its
> needed too.

yep

> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Nov 5, 2010, at 1:49 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the ASF master-pom does contain a _regular_ snapshot repo (linked to
>> the (new) nexus repo), see:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/pom/trunk/asf/pom.xml
>>
>> *snip*
>>    <repository>
>>      <id>apache.snapshots</id>
>>      <name>Apache Snapshot Repository</name>
>>      <url>http://repository.apache.org/snapshots</url>
>>      <releases>
>>        <enabled>false</enabled>
>>      </releases>
>>    </repository>
>> *snip*
>>

>> However, it doesn't define the "apache.snapshot" for plugins. Nor does
>> the myfaces pom.
>> Does one know why?
>>
>> In Trinidad we currently have this setting:
>>  <pluginRepositories>
>>    <pluginRepository>
>>      <id>apache.snapshots</id>
>>      <name>Apache Snapshot Repository</name>
>>      <url>http://repository.apache.org/snapshots</url>
>>      <releases>
>>        <enabled>false</enabled>
>>      </releases>
>>    </pluginRepository>
>>  </pluginRepositories>
>>
>> IMO it could be centralized: In myfaces-pom or in the ASF pom.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> -Matthias
>>
>> --
>> Matthias Wessendorf