I think a plugin snapshot repo is not in the asf master pom because using
snapshot plugins is not something the maven devs want to encourage.  Why does
myfaces need a snapshot plugin?  I'd recommend putting the plugin repo entry
near the use of the plugin so it can be removed easily when the plugin is
released.  I'd include a comment on why its needed too.

thanks
david jencks