On Nov 28, 2010, at 4:50 AM, Jan-Kees van Andel wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Dunno how this OWB config creeped in. I guess I copy pasted the wrong
> openwebbeans.properties into the project. It's empty now.
>
> CODI is also in now and I'm starting to use it, but since I have been a bit
> CODI-ignorant lately, I guess I'm not using it to it's full extent.
>
> About Bean Validation, we could also use ExtVal in combination with BV to
> support more advanced use cases, but I'm not going to add it until I need it.
> When committed, anyone can add this stuff...
>
> About BVAL, I didn't use it because it's still incubating and I'm not looking
> forward to debugging all kinds of crazy integration issues. I want to keep
> focus on delivering an app and maybe afterwards migrate it to BVAL. What's
> the current state of the library?

BVal works great in geronimo 3 and has been passing standalone tck for months
and generally the in-geronimo tck issues have not been with bval but problems
with other integrations such as OWB.

For maximum portability (?) at least "officially" you might target the app to a
javaee 6 web profile container which would include servlets, jsf, web beans,
bean validation and ejb 3 lite already.  Or you might try packaging it in two
ways, one as a web profile app and one as a servlet app with all the extra
support included in the war.

david jencks