Thanks, this is a very useful feature.

> On 24 Sep 2019, at 3.50, Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io> wrote:

> A package specifies custom commands in its `pkg.yml` file.  There are
> two types of commands: 1) pre_cmds (run before the build), and 2)
> post_cmds (run after the build).
>
> ### EXAMPLE
>
> Example (apps/blinky/pkg.yml):
>
>    pkg.pre_cmds:
>        scripts/pre_build1.sh: 100
>        scripts/pre_build2.sh: 200
>
>    pkg.post_cmds:
>        scripts/post_build.sh: 100
>
> For each command, the string on the left specifies the command to run.
> The number on the right indicates the command's relative ordering.

I wasn’t sure about need for numbering, but I can see a use if execution
of custom commands depends on a syscfg variable being set.

I think one useful addition would be to have another class of commands
for linking phase. Often there’s a need to convert the binary to some
other format, or slap in another header (like with DA1469x bootloader).
Maybe have such an option for BSP packages? pkg.post_cmds would
get executed after generating object files, and maybe pkg.post_link_cmds
would get executed after linking?