I don't think users@ makes sense.

I just looked at the past 30 days, and there *might* be 10 messages. That
isn't exactly an encumbrance upon the dev list. So now you're talking about
partitioning the overall community into smaller parts. Parts that cannot
reach "critical mass".

Counterpoint: the Subversion project took THREE YEARS before creating a
separate users list. Mynewt isn't anything close to a user-driven project
like svn. And the project is just *months* old.

The users of mynewt are unlikely to be noobs who cannot deal with people on
the dev@ list. This is a low-level project. It seems irrational to believe
they are not "lifting the hood" to look at the mynewt code; there is no
"scaring them off". They are quite likely to be great participants in dev
discussion. We want them *here* where we can talk with them.

Cheers,
-g