PS: if anyone wants to volunteer to do this work, I’m more than happy to cede responsibility :-)

On 9 Sep 2016, at 10:08, Sterling Hughes wrote:

Hey,

In our coding style we’ve agreed to be C++ friendly:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-core/blob/master/CODING_STANDARDS.md

But being that none of us really do C++ on a daily basis, we’ve been fairly lax in enforcing this. I’m thinking we should make all our header files C++ friendly prior to beta 1 (and fix any remaining problems prior to rel.) (*)

As a part of that, I was wondering if some of the more C++ oriented folks on the list knew of a good tool that would automatically “C++-ify” C header files, to make the mundane work a little more, palatable. Also, it would be great if there was a mode in coverity, or some static analysis tool that could automatically “C++ verify” our code on every commit. Otherwise, I assume we could auto generate a big file with all includes, and then try and include that in a C++ compile.

Sterling

(*) And we need to add / test C++ support in newt prior to rel.