I think this is great too, but I don’t think it’s keeping to the mynewt coding
standard. In particular I think the C++ wrappers are supposed to appear after
other included files and before any file content. For sure this messes up your
script (sorry) but it avoids any potential conflicts with the included headers.
I’m fine being corrected on this (sure would be easier to automate this work
:-).

Here’s the relevant section from the coding standard
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-core/blob/master/CODING_STANDARDS.md>:
Header files must contain the following structure:

Apache License (see above)
#ifdef aliasing, to prevent multiple includes
#include directives for other required header files
#ifdef __cplusplus wrappers to maintain C++ friendly APIs
Contents of the header file
- peter