Hello Christian,

CL> Sun shares the copyright for every contribution that goes into the
CL> Source
->> if a patch is accepted, Sun is involved directly.

This is true.

CL> One additional problem with the patch (issue 33466) is (from my
CL> understanding, from sb's comment) is that it is not a language
CL> thing, but a customization especially suited for people in NK (as
CL> this charset is not used anywhere else).

Like it was said at the beginning, the law targets country and not
people. And there are indeed people from NK living abroad.

CL> This ist what it makes hard to explain that this addition is not
CL> intended to support NK ("but it only a language").

I think 'support' is a very general term here. With the same attitude,
publishing a travel book or dictionary about NK and its language (be
it language or dialect), can also be seen as supporting NK. The law
forbids the _export_ of a product, which I don't see any reason has
anything to do with adding support to a product.

> It if was only language, this will/would have worked. I seems
> everybody seems to get upset without knowing about the issue. It
> lasted till today until someone posted a link to the issue.

I think Kim posted a link about the issue from the very beginning,
which started all the discussion.

CL> Either there are more issues of everybody is talking about different
CL> things here.

Yes, the discussion has gone to various directions, as the issue seems
to be important to other oper-sourced projects as well.

--
Best regards,
 Aiet                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]