Christian wrote:

> Doesn't make this charset more useful for people that have nothing to do with
> NK (and that is my point)

The KP 9566 character set was what Sun Legal rejected.

> > >only useful to people with relationship to  NK/for NK itself.
 CF University of Washington: Seattle, WA.
> ? You have to give more information.

It just happens to have the second or third largest Korean library in
North America.  I've seen a couple of references to them converting
material in KP 9566.

> > Maybe you will be able to explain why OOo has support for countries /  >
> > languages / writing systems on the Country embargo list, then.

> If nobody names them I cannot comment on them.

a) I have named the other countries / languages / writing systems.

b) I have not named the OOo NLP Team.

> Again: It was not the korean language or the korean writing system that was
> rejected.

What is KP 9566-97 if not an encoding scheme for a version of the
Korean Writing System, then?

What is KP 9566-2003 if not an encoding scheme for a version of the
Korean Writing System, then?

> What was rejected is a feature only useful to NK (or people having to do with
> NK). While this is not necessarily true 100%, the concern is:

I wrote a python script to convert KP 9566-97 to Unicode.
I didn't write it because it might help somebody in PDRK.  I wrote it
because I had a text document that used that encoding.

> What other patches for languages/countries on the embargo list are you
> talking about?

Take a look at Issue # 34007, for one.

> A version of OOo that inlcudes the patch solves these problems.

That requires a fork in OOo --- something I'm not opposed to, btw.

xan

jonathon
--
A Fork requires: