Just a quick follow up on the last email.

The phpBB team has announced the stable release of the package is scheduled for the 13th of this month, I plan then to upgrade the en/forum site to this final release on the 15th.

Presently - a test installation with additional native language packs can be found at

http://user.services.openoffice.org/test1/forum

Once you create an account on this test site you may go to the User Control Panel ( found on the index page, third line from the top, the left side of the page ) select Board settings and My Language - you will find a number of language packs available. Select the language you would like the UI displayed in, save and go to Board Index - this will be the language used for this account going forward then.

On this test installation there has been no attempt to do anything at this point beyond simply loading these language packs. If folks would like to give me some feed back on the value of supporting this on the en/forum site I would be most appreciative. ( note there are more language packs now available that I have not, as of this minute, installed yet )

I have already been asked to support French on the "en" site by a few current members- currently there are two French language packs available. I have only one of them on the test site, but will try to get the second one up there tonight, I would think one or the other would be appropriate - but if both really are wanted as options we could do that also.

The same is true for German with two different language packs available, but currently only have one installed. ( again I'll try to get the other up tonight )

Spanish is currently available in 3 different packs ( Spain, Argentina, Mexico ) Currently only Argentina is installed.

Portuguese in 2 ( Portugal, Brazil ) Currently on Brazil is installed.

For now then my plan is to concentrate on getting the en/forum up to the current stable release - moving whatever language packs folks ask for to this installation - then if people are interested we can start looking at what makes sense for ways to support actual posts and searches in these other languages.

Thanks much

Drew