Hi all,

On 2008-01-12, at 08:04 , Florian Effenberger wrote:

Hi Louis, all,

This is not exactly a new proposal--we have discussed it on-list and off and on for years--but I'd like to raise it formally here for discussion. The proposal is to establish a more or less formal role, "Regional Community Lead." One could also call it, as I used to, "Regional Mentor", but the term, Regional Community Lead is probably more descriptively accurate. I would also like to propose that we start with this role in India.

thanks for bringing it to the list!

I think that in general such an idea is good. I understand it the same way as André does: For countries with a lot of languages, or large countries with one language but different cultures, where the existing NLC structure doesn't fit in very well, regional leads could add a lot of benefit for us. For countries, regions and languages, where the current NLC structure works, we can keep it as is.

Yes, and again, as they say in English, we can play this (music) by ear.

Florian

ciao
louis