On 23/06/2008, at 8:21 PM, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

Hi,
Le 23 juin 08 à 01:13, Andrea Pescetti a écrit :

Leif Lodahl wrote:
I tried to get the automatic update notification activated... the
whole thing was never made ready for native versions of OpenOffice.org.
  * Does anyone actually got it working for native versions ?

It works in the Italian version, but the reason may simply be that we
(generally speaking) test and eventually approve builds provided by SUN
only.

Of course, the update process leads to our localized landing page.

It might also be because of the platform. I have some vague reminiscences (but I might be wrong) that the update mechanism was not working for certain builds on Linux. Let's ask to language coordinators who do not rely on Sun builds. Raman, Clytie, do you experience the same problem Leif is having?

What is supposed to happen?

Should OpenOffice.org pop up and say "There is a new version available"? If so, that most definitely does not happen for Vietnamese builds.

All my other software does that, but not OpenOffice.org.

It would be great if it did, especially if it lead to each project's localized download page.

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n